Thursday, January 13, 2011

Brooker Creek Golf Club, Palm Harbor

Golfed here January 13th. It was kind of cold when we started so I got a coffee and baileys from the clubhouse...what a difference from yesterday! A huge coffee with a generous dollop of baileys for $7! Because of the cold, the course lowered the price to $21 which was a great price for this course. It wasn't in the same condition as Lake Jovita (where we played the day before) but what a difference good service makes! I liked the course because I like a course with character and this had plenty of it...old trees, older homes, lots of water. Because of the price, there were more golfers which caused a little slower pace of play than I like but it wasn't too bad. Nice bathrooom on the first 9 and a couple port a potties on the back 9. No cart girl, but I didn't really expect one here in January. The greens were a little rough (some had spots with sand in them!) and the course is really kind of small, about 6000 yards total, but I wouldn't mind playing here again when it's a little warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment