Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lake Jovita Golf & Country Club, Dade City, FL

We golfed here on Tuesday, January 12th. It was a nice course in good condition. However, I will not go back there. On the web it is described as "an upscale master planned community". There are two 18 hole golf courses...we played the north. I was disappointed in the service...I think because we weren't "members" they were kind of dismissive of us. No one told us there wasn't a turn. The cart girl came around at the 2nd hole - I asked if she had coffee and she said no - she had run out and looked at me blankly. When I said well, when you come out again could you get some and put some baileys in it (it was a little chilly), she looked at me blankly again and said oh no, they didn't have bailey's in the grill...that was in the bar. I've golfed at several nice courses where the cart girls run and get what the guests want and bring it out to them, of course for a nice tip. This girl didn't have a clue and we didn't see her again until about the 12th hole. When we asked about what she had to eat, another blank look and oh, I have two sandwiches left. Thank goodness she did, we were starving by then. They did have a bathroom on the course, another thank goodness, and there were a couple of really nice holes but for the most part, I wasn't impressed. Not really worth the price. We were following a foursome that was following another foursome (members) who were really quite slow so it took a long time to complete this course. The course itself was good, I have no complaints there except it was pretty bland...few holes had any character (trees, water, elevation). But it was in fairly good condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment